Personalized Tax Checklist Tool

What tax forms and documents do I need in order to have my taxes prepared? The answer to that question is not cut and dry and depends on your unique tax situation. However, to make things a lot easier, KES Design Group created the form below to assist you with determining just what tax forms and documents you will need to provide in order to have your taxes prepared. Simply fill out the form, check the boxes next to the fields that apply to your tax situation, and click submit. KES Design Group will send you an e-mail that provides you with the answer to that question to take the guesswork out of it all. If you would like to see an overview of what tax forms and documentation are required under what circumstances, take a look at our Tax Checklist overview.

If you would like to receive an estimate of our tax services along with guidance on what tax forms, documents, and information is needed to have your taxes prepared, be sure to complete the estimate section of the form and check the box in the contact info section and we will be happy to prepare an estimate for you.

When you are ready to get started, contact us so we can help.

10 Digit Phone#

Check here if you would also like to receive an estimate

Enter the tax year you need an estimate for if applicable

Individual Tax Return

# of Dependents

# of Non LLC Sole Proprietorships

# of Disregarded LLC's

# of K-1's

Corporate Tax Return

# of C Corporations

# of Members

# of S Corporations

# of Members

# of Partnerships

# of Members

# of Non Profit Organizations

# of Businesses with Unknown Tax Structures

Quarterly Taxes
Payroll Taxes

Tax Return Type/s & Business Structures


Business - Sole Proprietor

Business - Disregarded LLC

Business - C Corporation

Business - S Corporation

Business - Partnership

Business - Non Profit

Business - Unknown Tax Structure

Check each box that applies to your tax situation
During the Tax Year, Did You (or Your Spouse)

Receive Wages or Salaries?

Receive Tip Income?

Receive Scholarships?

Receive Interest/Dividends from: checking/savings accounts, bonds, CD's, brokerage?

Receive state/local income tax refund/s?

Receive alimony?

Have self-employment income?

Receive cash/check payments for work performed not reported on Forms W-2/1099?

Have income(loss) from the sale of Stocks, Bonds or Real Estate? (including your home)?

Receive disability income? (such as payments from insurance, or workers compensation)?

Receive distribution from Pensions, Annuities, and/or IRA?

Receive Unemployment compensation?

Receive Social Security or Railroad Retirement Benefits?

Have Income(loss) from Rental Property?

Have Gambling or Lottery winnings, received prizes or awards?

Receive income from jury duty?

Receive Schedule K-1 income?

Receive any other type of income not listed above?

Pay Alimony?

Contribute to a retirement account?

Pay for post secondary educational expenses for yourself, spouse or dependents?

Have un-reimbursed employee expenses, i.e. dues, publications, tools, uniform cost and cleaning, travel?

Have medical/dental expenses that will not be reimbursed including premiums?

Have home mortgage interest?

Real estate taxes for your home or personal property taxes for your vehicle?

Make charitable contributions?

Have child or dependent care expenses such as day-care?

Pay for supplies used as a GK-12 educator i.e. teacher, teacher's aide, counselor, etc.?

Expenses related to self-employment income or any other income you received?

Use a home office for a sole proprietorship or disregarded LLC?

Have self employment vehicle expenses?

Have a Health Savings Account?

You or anyone in your household enroll in a health insurance plan through the health care marketplace?

Have debt from a mortgage or credit card cancelled/forgiven by a commercial lender?

Have health care coverage for you, your spouse, and all qualifying dependents not purchased through the health care marketplace?

Buy, sell or have a foreclosure of your home?

Purchase and install energy-efficient home items, i.e. windows, furnace, insulation, etc.?

Pay any student loan interest?

Make estimated tax payments or apply last year's refund to this year's tax?

Have Earned Income Credit (EIC) disallowed in a prior year?

File a federal return last year with a "capital loss carryover" on Form 1040 Schedule D?

Receive the First Time Homebuyers Credit in 2008?

Live in an area that was affected by a natural disaster?

Member of The Professional Accounting Society of America
Certified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor
Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
The National Association of Black Accountants Member